The main tasks of the Ministry of the Environment, Climate and Sustainable Development are the implementation of the governmental programme, the coordination of work regarding sustainable development and take all appropriate measures to protect the natural and human environment and in the fight against climate change.
To achieve these tasks, the ministry is backed by three administrations operating under its legal authority:
- the Environment Agency,
- the Nature Conservation Agency,
- the Water management agency,
- as well as the economic interest grouping myenergy.
The mandate of the Ministry of the Environment, Climate and Sustainable Development:
- Sustainable development policy (in French)
- Climate protection and energetic efficiency (in French)
- Protection of the natural environment (in French):
- Protection of the human environment (in French):